Purple Pinup

I have never been a huge fan of Purple. Nothing against Purple, it's just not been a colour I gravitate to. This skirt however did make me stop and re think. It is a Laura Ashley skirt tha came out a few years ago and it has been a go to winter skirt ever since. It is a thick fabric and has layers of lining that gives it a full feeling and look. The black roses are velvet and are so very soft.
To go with the skirt I've teamed a plain black Laura Ashley top, and a gorgeous wool swing coat, Purple hair flower, Vintage back gloves, Vintage handbag, black opaque stockings and Wittner patent leather flats.
You don't have to purchase Pinup only clothing to get a great look. You can use things in your wardrobe and add accessories to make the whole outfit. Our Winter is not as cold as many countries so there is often no need for anything more than a light coat. This swing coat has been a staple for me for many year and will be to come I'm sure.
Patent leather shoes are another great love of mine. I think I go back to being a little girl and having red and black patent leather Mary Janes and feeling like a Princess.
I have started adding gloves to my outfits and you know what, I love it. I can see why people wore them. There is the benefit of warm hands but it adds a little extra style to your outfit.
I popped my hair in a Beehive and did a chignon on the back. Adding the Purple flower just finished it off for me.
Is Purple a go to colour for you? Are gloves something you love? Tell me all about it.

                                                                        💋💋💋





 

 










No comments:

Post a Comment