Big Hair Don't Care

I have always loved styling my hair. During the years I have had many different styles, some I'd rather forget, lol. I have very thick dark hair and it is a blessing in the styles that I love. Growing up vintage styles for me meant Priscilla Presley and big hair styles, beehives, the wet set curls and the styles of the 1950's where hairspray was needed like no other, lol.
Fast forward to 2016 and since I've been pursuing my dream of dressing and living a Pin up Vintage style my hair has been part of my outfit. My most favourite is the Beehive. It's a style that I gravitate to and I just can't get enough of it. There is a couple of ways I do the Beehive. The easiest by far is using a Bumpits. You can purchase them from EBay and they are not expensive and make the whole hair style so much easier to achieve. Another style that I have been trying is the wet set curl. My hair needs serious time to take a curl and I have found that the curl I like is not always achieved via a hot roller set or a curling wand. The other benefit of the wet set is that you get days and days out of the curl. It is a style that needs practice and the brush out is something I've got used to. The best lesson I learned from Miss Victory Violet and her videos was to brush out and then to brush out some more. There are great videos and tutorials on the wet set. I found the best thing was to practice and practice some more. I also can't go past a braid. I've been braiding my hair for too many years to count and I love all the different hairstyles you can create. 
Have you tried a wet set? Does the Beehive hair style bring back memories?


💋💋💋












No comments:

Post a Comment