Interview with Colour Me Bristol

My Pinup journey started a year and half ago and was sealed once I joined Instagram and was able to see the world of Pinup open up to me. Having always loved to look well dressed I now saw other ladies dress and co ordinate outfits of my dreams. 
One of the first ladies I came a cross was Colour Me Bristol. I was mesmerised by her wearing of colour and beautiful outfits combined with fabulous accessories. I was lucky enough to have her say yes to my request of an interview and learn even more about her style and Pinup journey

1. What drew you to the Pin up style in the beginning?


I always loved the 1950's clothing style, ever since I was young. I was raised by parents who collect antiques, and my dad almost always had a Cadillac from the 50's, too; so, I grew up with a strong appreciation for that time period. 
I never dressed "normally". I was always drawn to bright colors and prints. 
But, what pushed me into the more "pin up look" was when I started shopping at Modcloth. Modcloth has a Style Gallery, where girls can post pictures of their outfits if they chose to, and some of the girls had links to their blogs. I started reading fashion blogs, and seeing how lovely full skirts looked on these girls who wore them in their blog posts. I found out what other websites they were buying their clothing, shoes, and accessories from, and started browising those sites, and falling more in love with the look, and I haven't looked back since! It's been three and a half years now since I discovered Modcloth. I don't shop there that much anymore, as I discovered shops I love even more. My favorite brands of clothing are: Trashy Diva, Bernie Dexter, Retrospec'd, and Pin Up Girl Clothing. 


2. Do you have a particular pin up look that you prefer?

The look I prefer for myself is: full skirts in either skirt or dress form (I only own one wiggle), red lips, winged liquid black eyeliner, bright colors, lots of jewelry, & fun novelty prints! 

3. What outfit is the one that you wear more often and why?

Hmm...well, I definitely wear dresses more than I wear skirts. The dress I wear the most would have to be my Trashy Diva Annette Sci Fi Rockets dress. I searched for that dress for about a year and a half, before a lovely lady sold it to me! It hasn't been made in years. Luckily, it fit me perfectly, and I wear it A LOT. I wear it to work occassionally, too.

4. Who do you see as pin up icons and style setters?

I don't really have a particular pin up icon or style setter I look up to the most. I get ideas from all sorts of women, but mostly from my online friends who blog and post on Instagram. Those women are to me the best style setters. 

5. Do you think the pin up community has been brought closer by Instagram, FB and blogs?

ABSOLUTELY!! If I never found out about this community online, I may never have found out about it, period! I am from a very rural area, and no one dresses pin up in this area. I can't imagine never having found out about this way of life and style. It feels so completly "me"! 

6. How do we find you and follow you online?
My Instagram handle is: bristolelisabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment